Translate

6/20/2012

Tea - A life time learning


In a Made in Asia fair, a Belgian young boy asked me:
"How long does it take to become a Tea Master?"
I told him: 
I started to learn tea nearly 50 years ago and have been seriously learning and practicing tea for 30 years, and I am still learning today. 
The boy was stunned and speechless.

Learning tea helps me to learn to let go, learn to face and accept the natural rhythm in life.  All titles in the world regardless how high or how heavy that one can enjoy eventually will end the same ~ All titles, glories, wealth, beauty and fame are temporarily in life that eventually will fade away.  Like wind passed without leaving a trace, like rain falls that can not be held forever. 

Whether having a title as Tea Master or not does not bother me at all.  What important to me is if have faced the self-deficiency and tried my best to learn diligently.  

Anyone truly knowing tea and practicing tea, then they understand tea is very easy to learn and to understand, but practice takes a life time.     

Mei Lan Hsiao
Belgium Chinese Tea Arts Centre





No comments:

Post a Comment