Translate

7/26/2012

Home-made herbal tea

A stupid fall that happened  on Tuesday caused a bone fracture on my right foot.  Now I could walk a little bit with the supporting bandage.  Couldn't walk too much and yet foot is getting heavy by sitting, so I decided to prepare myself a home-made herbal tea this afternoon:

Tea selection: 
Swiss organic Rose 
Gouden Bloem (Calendula officinalis) 
Mini bitter melon
White tea - Lu Xue Ya

Effects
Stimulate water and blood circulation 
Calm and ease anxiety
Anti-oxidants
Gentle for stomach and good for spleen, liver and kidneys
Cooling heat, brilliant eyesight 
Stimulate energy flow

Tea Ware selection
Normal white porcelain teapot (0.5L) 

Water temperature
90 Celcius

Infusion time
+/- 2 minutes

Put my foot up on a chair and enjoy myself a cup of romantic afternoon tea. 

3 comments:

  1. Bitter melon is a very healthy herbal ingredient. Normally it should be infused for 10 minutes, but the taste is bitter with long infusion that I need to add on either dark sugar or honey. The taste, however, with shorter infusion is pretty dried and sweet.

    The taste of these ingredients is pretty smooth and pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I envy you by thinking this amazing recipe. Can I ask you if I can mix some tulsi herb on those to add up some antioxidant component on this wonderful dish? Or will you give us another recipe that may have this holy basil on it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Hanna, Sorry I only saw your message today. I am afraid I don't have sufficient knowledge about Tulsi, but according to Wikipedia, it has anti-oxidant properties and can repair cells damaged by exposure to radiation. Can you please give me more specific information, for example, its nature taste and aroma? So I can try to study what other ingredients can be use to create a fine natural healthy drink?

    ReplyDelete