Translate

7/25/2012

Wuyi Da Hong Pao 2001

Last night a friend said he dislike Da Hong Pao because it was almost charcoal roasted.  It reminded me the Da Hong Pao that I have in my collection since 2001. 


The color for traditionally fermented Da Hong Pao from Wuyi region is indeed pretty dark because of high fermentation and heavy roasting processes.  But as I could recall, good quality Da Hong Pao won't have smoky aroma or flavor.  No matter what I thought it was time for me to taste the Da Hong Pao to evaluate the transformation after the over 10 years storage.  


The result was as good as I was expected.  Once I opened the tea bag I could sense that nature Pekoe aroma.  The taste is absolutely fabulous. I was charmed by its soft and smoothness starting from the first cup to the 6th cup. Behind the delightful nature fruity aroma, it tastes refreshing with a little bit mint flavor; it does not have any slight of bitter taste, not even astringent taste after the taste. 

Interesting to learn more about this tea? Please read my other blog: www.chinese-tea-arts.com/blog

No comments:

Post a Comment