Translate

7/13/2012

Learning this morning


Early in the morning thought about searching for some nice pictures on line about Ch'an (Zen).  As I have expected, there were lots of sitting meditation photos.  

While cheering for those lovely photos, cannot help to think of a basic question again: 

What is Ch'an (Zen )?  

My learning since the first enlightenment in 1985 is:
~~~~~~~~~~~

Ch'an ( Zen) is lifetime learning.
It is not status or milestone of achievement that can measured or quantified in life
It is about how we live.
It is live itself.
It requires self-awareness, an open mind for self consciousness.
Happiness is not what we can expect from others or outside,
but we have to grow and work on it from inner self.
Whether one can perform the sitting meditation subjects to his/her physical condition.
It is about how we can relax our mind and reach the inner peace.
~~~~~~~~~~~


I have wasted a lot of time; have made a lot of mistakes and I have paid a lot of price.  I probably will even repeat some stupid mistakes in the future. When it seems there is no option in life, I know I still have one option.  That is to live a life without resentful, no regret, no panic, no fear by walking straight on the path of light and tranquility. 

Mei Lan Hsiao 
Belgium Chinese Tea Arts Centre 
13/7/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment