Translate

6/22/2012

Positive attitude


Father loved to collect Chinese calligraphy and brush paining
I couldn't paint and am not too good with calligraphy as father could
but I do learn how to appreciate from my father
Among collections from father, there is a brush painting of Siberia tiger making a long growl on top of mountain
Every time watching that painting, I couldn't help to think about what Dad has gone through in his life 
and the learning for life that he taught me: 
If considering success as if standing on top of mountain, 
then should realize there will be a day for sliding down. 
Success and failure are only a flicker of time in life,
attitude is the key for turning point. 
When going up, keep your head up, but make sure your steps are solid.
When walking down, watch over your steps and not necessary to bow your head with sorrow. 
When walking on the low ground, keep your back straight and move forward. 
The shadow behind can not be kept
The foot print that we leave behind should be careful 

Even though father has gone for long time but his teaching is getting finer as good aging Pu-Erh tea
the taste gets purer and richer throughout time. 
It supported and encouraged me when I suffer from extreme stress when I felt helpless 
because of unexpected chaos change when there were only sadness and darkness.
Even though I am still far away from any definition of being successful
but I don't forget the warning bell that father had taught me. 
Now it's my everyday's wake up alarm.  
Youth has gone that can't never come back again, 
tomorrow seems close but yet can be far. 
Today is the moment that I have to do my best, 
moving forward a step by step 
Don't expect everyone loves me
Knowing I can't satisfy everyone 
Only ask myself if I have done myself today or now
Only hope can face myself with peace. 
~~~~~
Mei Lan Hsiao 
18/6/2012




No comments:

Post a Comment